Monday, June 06, 2005

SUCCESS!

STOP. Right now. Stop whatever your doing. Put down the pen. Stop clicking around (unless its necessary to read this blog). Turn off the tv. dont worry about the crying child. Go. out to the store, and pick up a copy of this months Men's Journal. Ok, now flip a few pages in, page 18 to be exact. on the top right corner of the left page....YES. THERE. NOW YOU SEE IT.

I'm a published man.

So originally i saw in the magazine that the winner of that months letter of the month will win a mountain bike worth $2,000. So i read every article, picked my favorite one, and wrote a letter about it. It was an article about the Great White Shark, and how they have an unfortunate repurtation and how they are being killed off the face of the earth.

I didn't win the bike, but i got my name in the magazine. If you can't make it to the store, heres what I wrote:

"Thanks to Peter Benchley for shedding light on the shadowy world of the great white shark. It amazes me what people will do for a buck-without any regard for the future of this incredible creature. If only poachers who hunt these endangered animals for money would realize the beauty they are denying future generations. And all of this for an expensive but tasteless bow of shark-fin soup."
-Jeremiah Lee Jackson, Chicago, IL


Yeah, so thats not EXACTLY how I wrote it, but close enough. :)

-JJ

6 comments:

kenny said...

Great job JJ. And I hope they didn't misspell "bowl" like you did =P

Malaysian Debster said...

Way to go Jeremy! Wish you won the bike. Sorry but this article still doesn't change the fact that I like to occasionally enjoy a hot bowl of Chinese shark's fin soup. =)

BSC said...

Published in a popular magazine, hangin out with William Hung...dude, you're so bad, you're nationwide!

Cherese said...

I've never even heard of men's journal...but congrats

The Juice said...

i picked it up randomly a couple yrs ago. a lot of people havn't heard of it,but its one of my favorite magazines, all about adventure.

Mr. A. said...

Mr. Ted told me about the letter Sunday, and I saw it in the magazine Monday. Kind of weird that there was another guy from Mandeville, LA who had a letter published in the same issue. I guess you must have tried shark-fin soup at some point in order to comment on its lack of taste. Don't you love irony? Mr. A.