Friday, June 24, 2005

View from the Top

So i got interviewed by a Malaysian.

Jeremy's Bloggerview Questions.
1. What is the one thing you absolutely love AND hate about living in Chicago?

Oh geez. well considering I'M NEVER THERE, thats a tough question. But heres my tough answer. I love the view of the city on a clear early morning drive on the way to the airport. No ones on the road, and you get this spectacular skyline view of the sears tower and that other building :) What do i hate? THE TRAFFIC. I can't tell you how many times i've taken my car to go to the store and have come back before i ever arrived at the store. I just got tired of sitting in traffic then not being able to find parking.

2. Who is the one person in your life who has been most inspiring to you and why? (it has to be someone you actually KNOW)

Well first of all, I would say my Dad, but I'm not because thats the easy answer. Those of you who know "super-ted" know what i'm talking about. It's like answering Jesus in church. (...i'm not saying my dad is on the same level as Jesus) it's the easy way out. I feel that I need to leave the family to answer the question. No offense, dad.

Joe Hays. My pal in New York. When i moved to New York i guess i was still young and moldible, and Joe was the one that really inspired me to be myself. When the option came up to me to be a flight attendant, a lot of baggage comes with that as far as being a guy. People assume things. But Joe was the one that encouraged me to ingore that and to play to my strengths and do what I enjoy, no matter what people think, even though that meant i would have to leave New York. He's an incredible man of God. He's been going through a lot lately and he's faced it and refused to back down. He's a man that admits his mistakes but learns from them. He was the first person in New York to really engage me in conversation in an effort to meet me. And i didn' t even live there at the time. For more on Joe Hays, visit http://www.brooklynchurchplant.blogspot.com/

3. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Trendy People. People who do things for the purely popular reason. Superficial people. I could rant and rave about this. But i'm not going to. mostly because i tried to do it in my head but it made me so irate that none of it made any sense. But i'll give examples. Big huge sunglasses. White ipod earphones. (even though i have an ipod) A lot of rap music. People who go to parties to "be cool." People who hate on me for not liking certain things. this is what I hate.

I like down to earth and real. Keep it real kids.



4. What is the craziest thing you have ever done, to the point where it almost killed you?

This is kind of a hard question. i've done a lot of crazy things, most of which had a lot of potential to kill me, but nothing ever happened, therefore i really don't remember them. But I guess the riskiest thing i've done, which i didn't really do on purpose, and it was probably the most scared for my life i've ever been.

I was in New York and my friend amanda was on a campaign up in the bronx. Now the Bronx has a bad rap. It's really not that bad, so long as you stay out of certain areas at certain times of day. Which is where i got messed up. Anyways, i wanted to go see this friend, so in the morning i set off for the bronx. i got there, met up with my friend, spent most of the day up there, and towards the end of it i realized that the street i was on was the same street that the kid i mentored lived on. So naturally i thought i'd give him a call to see if i could take him out to eat. He ended up living about 10 or 15 blocks south, so i hopped a bus down to where he lived. it was about 4 pm. no big deal. after about an hr or so of trying to find him, he finally shows up and we walk down the street to a pizzaria. We eat, and i walk him back to his apartment. Now at this time its dark, theres no subway around, so he shows me where to catch the bus back to town. If theres one time when your in trouble in New York, its on a deserted street in a bad part of town. He takes me to the bus stop, and says "well,i gotta go catch my tv show" and leaves me. We're in a really bad part of town, its about 8 or 9 at night, and theres not a soul on this street with me. I have my hoody on, so i pull the hood on to cover up any white skin. I mean i'm really scared. Luckily the bus showed up about 5-10 mins later, and i escaped unscathed. I've never been so happy to see Harlem in my life.


5. If you could date and marry any well-known woman, who would she be and why?

If you know me, I don't really get caught up with "well known" or "celebrity" women. (okok, this doesn't count natalie coughlin) It kinda goes along with my irritation with trendy things. So when it comes to well known women, i tend to go for girls that don't get caught up in the "hoopla." Girls like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria, girls of this nature. So If there was one "well known" woman (i'm assuming well known means celebrities) that i would date and marry, I'd have to go with Natalie Portman. She's classy, she's a great actress, shes doesn't seem to get caught up in all the mess.

oh,and shes short.

-JJ

Here are the instructions to post on your blog.1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”2. I will respond by asking you five questions here on my blog (not the same questions you see here).3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

Malaysian Debster said...

Yea!!! Awesome answers...took you forever, but awesome regardless. =)

Cherese said...

tell me something...if I actually had you interview me...could you even think of 5 questions to ask? I mean...seriously..I just want to know.