Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm Good at What I Do...

So my pal grubbsy has had quite the airline experience and being an airline employee, I completely understand and that crap happens a lot and really theres not a whole lot you can do about it.

For those of you who have no idea what happened to Grubbsy, click here now for the 1st part and click here for the 2nd part get all caught up!

Now that you know what happened, heres how the masters deal with it:

So just the other day we get all loaded for a pleasant flight to Hartford. Everyone's on, ready to go, already aware that it might take 20 mins or so to get off the ground due to traffic. Once we get on the taxi-way, we stop...captain comes on, says that we're on a ground hold because of weather thats headed for hartford.

Great. Who knows how long this can last. So we do what we normally do and serve drinks on the ground, just to make people happy. Most airlines probably wouldn't do that...but its not that big of a deal. Well we do that, people start getting resltess (and who can blame them).

Now we have what we call an entertainment kit...used for situations just like these. Although sometimes it can be missing key items. But i open it up, look inside...

SWEET! Southwest Beach balls! now we have prizes to give away. I immediately get on the PA and start up a nice game of trivia, asking random questions. (guess the combined age of the flight attendants, who has the oldest penny, whos had the most connections on they're journey <4> and the winners got the beach balls. This lasted about an hour, then we kinda ran out of things to do...wait..

Genious! These airplanes have toilets that could suck a golf ball from a garden hose. Serious. So I did what any normal person...well..any southwest flight attendant would do. I broke out the toilet paper and made an announcement that we were gonna stretch it all the way down the isle and see how fast this toilet could suck it up.

We get it all rolled down the isle...then...the captain calls, says we got cleared to leave...

"But we've got toilet paper down the isle!!" is what the other f/a said.

"Well clean it up!!" says the captain.

So Marilyn gets on the pa and says "sorry folks, captain says we're gettin out of here, so the toilet paper will have to wait."

We got a resounding "aawwwww" from the audience.

So we did it quickly...and i mean quickly...that toilet paper sucked up in about .5 secs. Cheers and applause came from the crowd.

We ended up going through Canada to get to connecticut...WAY out of our way..and ended up about 2 hrs late to hartford.

And let me tell you, when people got off, not a single one complained about the flight our being late.

THAT...my friends, is how its done.

-JJ

5 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

That's exactly how it should be done! I was entertained just imagining all of the fun goings on during on of those delays. Could you come to my workplace and entertain me here?

JonGrubbs said...

Thanks for giving my Blog a shout out, Poindexter. I wish I had you on my flights. That toilet paper idea was brilliant! I miss you, will you come live with me and Shea? We have food most of the time.

The Future said...

Lucky...

Malaysian Debster said...

I'd have like to be on that trip and probably wouldn't mind being late. Such fun!

Chez Bez said...

That's awesome! Where do I sign up to be your coworker?

I'm making out my resume now...