Monday, July 04, 2005

An Innocent Man

Meet the Parents anybody?

Ok so I just got off a hideous trip. I'm not kidding. I worked 5 days in a row, without ever returning home. (well, i flew through chicago, but i had to keep going) I know i know, this is what most people do in the working world...working 5 days a week, but I left home on the 30th and got home the 4th. It's really amazing to get off a trip like that and think of all the places i'd travelled through..whether i actually got to get off and stay there or not:

chicago-kansas city-tucsan-las vegas-salt lake city-los angeles-san jose -portland-reno-phoenix-chicago-kansas city-los angeles-kansas city-oklahoma city-houston-little rock-chicago.

Thats a total of 18 take-offs and 18 landings. ( And a total of 10,859 miles, by the way)

But thats not the point. As I was about to leave chicago in the middle of my trip, I had a flashback to when ben stiller yells at the poor, poor flight attendant about checking the bag. My issue had nothing to do with checking bags, but..for the first time ever..

I was yelled at. Seriously. Screamed at. Everyone was on the plane, ready to go, sitting down, except for this one lady. And she decides to take something that happened to her out on me. ME OF ALL PEOPLE!!! I THOUGHT I LOOKED 12, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU SCREAM AT A POOR 12 YEAR OLD???

What did I do? I ignored her. Yup. I did what I do best, pretended to listen. I mean she's laying in to me, I'm sure all 136 people were staring at me So I didn't even acknowledge what she was saying, got her stuff in a bin (after rearranging 10 bags...just for her...i could have checked that sucker real quick) and her in a seat. And we got off the ground.

I know I sound like a big terd right now, but let me explain. I'm not gonna go through everything that happened, but essentially they had an aircraft swap, skycaps in the airport didn't get her wheelchair fast enough, and she had to board the new plane dead last. Again, NOT MY FAULT.

And I went back later after she had cooled down and apologized for what happened, even though i was innocent of the whole situation.

9 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

good job jeremy.....glad you didn't do anything dumb....but i know when you drive you love to honk your horn....so i'm glad you don't carry a fog horn with you or something...cause you probably would have done something bad then..

kenny said...

Where's Tuscan? Is that in Italy or something... or did you mean Tucson? :)

What was her reaction when you went to apologize later on? Was she forgiving or still pissed off at you?

The Juice said...

yeah sorry. tucsan. sorry.

The Juice said...

oh, and she was cooled off. all was good. she enjoyed her ginger ale.

The Juice said...

maybe cuz i slipped some vodka in it......:) j/k

The Future said...

Our 12-year-old has grown up... Awww!!

kenny said...

She'll probably remember you coming up to apologize later more than what she was peeved about to begin with.

teresefaye said...

So, i am in denver right now, and let me tell you, after my flight here, i would be happy to have you as my fa any day.... you sweetness comes out clearly. Cranky women and jerm... aw....

The Future said...

in fact, jerm, this story was so inspiring I shall put you in a gif!

My gift to you.