Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sudoku This!

Move over crossword, you've overstayed your welcome.

If you've never tried out the new puzzle game thats beginning to appear in newspapers, I suggest you check it out. Its revolutionary.

Its a game that involves a buncha numbers..only you don't have to add anything up. Its quite simple, yet sometimes you want to throw yourself out of a 5 story window.

I've tried explaining how it works to people...and I'm real bad at explaining. You just have to see it and read the directions to understand how it works. But the great thing about it is the fact that if you try hard enough, you CAN get it done. All it takes is focus and patience. Unlike crosswords. In crosswords, you either know it or ya don't. sure, you can get hints, but you still have to come up with the word one way or another.

And i'm proud to say i'm undefeated. I'm something - 0. (I don't count how many I've tried.) But theres no sudoku that i've come across that i havn't solved. I was timed once....8 minutes i was finished. There was another that took me all of ....24 hours. But it got done.

So I'm the self-proclaimed sultan of sudoku. I challenge you to try to dethrone me.

Or at least find the 24 hours to devote to a puzzle like I did.

-JJ

4 comments:

Malaysian Debster said...

I have yet to try one! Zach forwarded a website to me where I could print one out, but I've yet to get around to it. Will let you know how it turns out, or if I get stuck, I'll know who to consult with. =)

The Future said...

Yo Jerm- could you send us the puzzle that took you 24 hours, so we could have a race? Or maybe on your blog do puzzles we can d/l off the internet, with your score next to it. Kinda like a race.

The Future said...

Aight Double J- and whoever else.

Today's puzzle, 21 minutes.

http://sudokuplace.com/pdfs/7-29-05.pdf

Steve & Renae Cates said...

Oh my goodness! I'm addicted now! I had never even heard of them until I read this a couple of days ago! I went straight to the link and didn't read on. So now I'm back to finish reading. :)
~ Renae