Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Magic Retainer Story

Until last night I had completely forgotten about this story, but it defies everyone's imagination. It's so completely amazing and absurd that it deserves a spot on this blog. So here it goes:

Freshman year at ACU there was a freshman retreat. It was early in the semester, so we were still meeting people and striving you find our place and just fit in there. I had just recently met zach, and after a few days of convincing him that I wasn't someone's little brother and yes, I was actually going to school there, we had become pretty good friends. So that night we had grabbed bunk beds next to each other.

At this time I was still wearing my retainer at night So like usual, right after lying down in my bed, I placed my retainer in my mouth, laid down, put my head on my pillow, and kinda watched all the crazies be...well..crazy in the dorm. I wasn't really comfortable enough with everyone to act like that yet, so I just watched and talked to my new friend zach who was in his bed approximately 1 ft away.

A few minutes later we all turned in, lights went off, and I fell asleep. This is where the wierd stuff starts. From my point of view, I wake up early the next morning and find that same retainer lying next to me on the bed. This really isn't out of the ordinary, because my retainer routinely came out of my mouth in the middle of the night and ended up in my bed.

But this next morning, when Zach wakes up, he told me that about 3am, or somewhere around there, he had waken up and that same retainer was lying next to him, in his bed, under his covers, next to his waist. Thats right, my retainer had magically, somehow, jumped from my bed to his in the middle of the night, and had crawled under zachs covers.

So Zach naturally takes the retainer and throws it back in my direction and it ends up back in my bed, where it belongs.

So 6 years later we're still trying to figure out how this all happened.

-JJ

4 comments:

BSC said...

Well...nah, I just won't go there. Ha!

jch said...

JJ, ummm, how do I put this? From just reading the story, my mind goes to places that I'm sure you and Zach would rather it not go. So could you do me a favor and post something new...and quick!

J-Wild said...

There are some things you talk about from college, and some things you don't! What happens at Freshman retreat stays at Freshman retreat.

The Future said...

I think it was a government conspiracy...

That's the only explanation I have.

And it was strange... but hilarious... in a twisted sort of way.