Saturday, October 29, 2005

Until Next Year

This is my last world series post.

I promise.

But I think the toughest part of us losing the World Series is the shaft that the Astros are getting. I'm not exactly surprised by it. But I think its worth pointing out.

We lost by 6 runs. No, thats not in 1 game. Thats total. 6 runs. in 4 games. All headlines read that we got swept. But that hardly tells the story. Each game was a tooth and nail grind it out loss. Heartbreaking losses.

I'm not whining. I'm not complaining. Its frustrating. We had such a great season. We came so close in every single game, just to fall short every time in the end. And yet all of a sudden the bitter fight, game after game, is forgotten. Lost. The astros, their great season, sunk into oblivion.

The White Sox deserve the attention. They're the World Series champs. They earned it. But the articles written on the World Series don't come close to summing up what happened. A four game sweep is usually easy. Not this one.


I visited my friend Cherie last night, who is a huge White Sox fan. She was very simpathetic, she didn't rub it in, but I let her talk about the series and tell me about the parade she went to downtown. But I told her that the crappiest part about the entire ending to the World Series was that its over. Thats it. Go home.

I don't wanna go home. Let's keep playing. Lets play a winter league. different players, different teams. I don't care. But keep the ball rolling. Let's play some baseball.

But nope. I'm stuck with football and (uuggghhhh) the start of the NBA. And don't get me started about Hockey. I've seriously never been this uninterested in football before. I can't tell you why. The Saints are never in it. The Buffaloes will be playing for a Big 12 title just like last year, and LSU is top 10. It's just not there for me. There was something better, but it's gone for the season. I'll just have to wait 'till next year.

Lucky for me, the snow is beginning to fall in the mountains, and my trusty snowboard should make its first appearence here in the next 5 or 6 weeks. It couldn't come soon enough.

-JJ

2 comments:

The Future said...

Thought this football season has been better than others, or least as exciting. Give it time, maybe?

Perhaps you could tide yourself over with some tennis training videos???

Anonymous said...

hey Jeremy. hows things going? i hope good. I wanted to let you know that your Dad came to Parklane and gave a slide show and talked to our Senior class about Katrina. He went to the Rotary Club after and spoke to around 300 people. I heard he did a wonderful job. Everyone was very impressed. I was amazed with his pictures. They had most of us crying by the end. Oh, he told me that clare called him and told him that she was preforming with the little cheerleaders next friday night at our football game. She told him that since he came to watch me at Homecoming, she would love for him to come watch her too. He said he felt really bad so he will probably bee here next weekend. Ha ha. i thought it was funny. We also have moved over the last couple of weeks. We moved to our land right behind my Mimi's and Aunt sally's house.(right across from where your MawMaw mary lived) He was able to come and see the house also! You will have to come check it out when you come home. Oh, and you know your Uncle Ken was upset about the world series considering he is a huge YANKEE fan. haha. well anyway you have won some bragging rights now that they did not even make it to the championship. Hope to see you soon. love you, Hayley