Saturday, November 19, 2005

Keep your eyes to yourself

I'd like to begin with a controversial comment thats completely off topic.

Off all the cities that I've travelled to..and thats a whole lot...Chicago has the greatest skyline.

Yeah, thats right New Yorkers..

Chicago has the greatest skyline.

I flew back into town this afternoon..expecting light traffic on the freeways...since it was a Saturday.

I finally got on the onramp only to see taillights as far as the eye can see.

I was confused, I was angry. I've never understood the concept of traffic. Why can't people just GOOO!!???? If everyone would just move we wouldn't have a problem.

So i meneuver across 2 lanes looking for that perfect lane that is going 60mph while the others go 5. Be honest, we all do it. It doesn't exist, but for some reason we all switch expecting to find that perfect lane.

But to no avail.

About 20 minutes later, I move slightly onto the shoulder and I see police lights in the distance..

ahhhh...an accident. Really the only good reason for traffic is an accident. People injured? Ok I can deal. If you're just ignorant and brake happy I wanna run you off the road.

I finally get to the scene, only to realize it's only a car that had been pulled over by a cop...20 feet off the road. at least.

and all of a sudden, before I know it, I'm doing 75. No traffic. We're good.

Now is a car pulled over really so important that we all must brake to see it???? I'm really confounded by the whole idea. And it makes me angry. I could have been home 30 minutes earlier if people weren't so mesmerized by flashing lights.

I once got stuck in traffic in Dallas, and when I arrived at the cause of the backup, I realized that a car had stalled. It was on the shoulder...it shouldn't have been a problem..only the driver was an attractive blonde with a really short skirt.

And it was quite the breezy day.

And I don't know about you, but the single thing that makes me truly angry, is sitting in traffic. It drives me absolutely bonkers. And I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

So please.. I urge you..for my sanity and for the sanity of the public as a whole..

Keep your eyes to yourself and GO ALREADY!!!!

2 comments:

Malaysian Debster said...

You read my mind. It drives me totally insane when we're stuck in traffic and eventually come to find out it was nothing more major than a broken down vehicle by the road. People are such busybodies on the road and have to slow down to watch for no good reason. It's ridiculous!

The Future said...

I've found that traffic at night is far, far worse to deal with. I can't stand it. Like bigtime. Fo real.