Monday, December 05, 2005

I got yo back, Bev

Hey guys! The new issue of The Digital Journalist came out today. Whats that, you ask? It's an online magazine that recently did an article on my dad. So do yourself a favor and check it out! You can look at the pictures or click on "introduction" to view the article. Beverly Spicer wrote it, hence the title of this blog. Hopefully I'll help her get some hits.

In other news, I did one of the crazier things ever yesterday. Just don't think less of me after I tell you the story.

So yesterday I went to pick up Cherie at 10:15 for church, just like our usual Sunday routine. It had snowed a good bit the night before, and since we are both southerners, we very much enjoy the snow. When she got in the car we chatted about how we need to enjoy the snow and go play in it. One thing led to another, and the idea of snow tubing in Wisconsin came up. She suggested the next weekend, but unfortunately I'm working every weekend from here on out. There was a short pause, I looked at her, and said "Well, we could go now."

And we did.

I pulled a U-turn right there in the middle of the street, took her back to her house, she changed, went back to my house, I changed, and we were on the road by 10:45.

3 and a half hours later...yes, THREE AND A HALF!! (we took the long way on accident on the way up there) we were in nowhere Wisconsin (which is most of Wisconsin, by the way). We planned on going to Wisconsin Dells, but fortunately we found a snow tubing place 20 miles closer. So we went there.

Did we snowtube? Nope.

We skiied instead. And it was really great. I was surprised at the quality of such a ski slope in Wisconsin of all places. Unfortunately for us, I think the temperature hovered around 15 degrees the whole time, and maybe dipped into single digits when the sun went down. I know this because when I got off a run that took me all of 3 minutes to get down, my face was completely numb.



A few hrs later, we were so cold we couldn't bear it anymore, so we up and left and drove the 3 hrs back to Chicago.

A day well spent, I'd have to say. Even though we didn't go to church that morning. We'll make up for it on Wednesday.

-JJ

8 comments:

laura g said...

haaaa ha.

The Future said...

Wow, that sounds fun and spontaneous.

Of course, we know you really don't like snow. Snow balls that is. Did you tackle Cherie when she hit you with a snow ball?

The Juice said...

i would have. and don't think i wont. just try me. Or ask John Lewis

The Future said...

Or Lucas!!

Awesome story on your dad. I saw you were even included! Pretty cool. I haven't got to see the video yet, just the intro. You really get alot of people hyping your blog, even Bev!

Conner said...

Great story dude! And nice jacket :)

Malaysian Debster said...

Amazing coverage on your super dad. And looks like you're quite the celebrity yourself.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun. nice article. i love looking at the pics. it was good to see you (even in a pic) i havent seen you in a long time. christmas?? love, Hayley

kentbrantly said...

were you on the plane?