Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year...TO ME

PICTURE OF THE WEEK: Kansas City, Mo. I wish I could have found some cows being slaughtered for some Midwest BBQ, but no such luck.
On the top of my list this evening is a definite thank you to my pal Laura Gore, or there are some who call her...LG? for spending her New Years with me. Actually, I take that back. Thanks for spending your new years WAITING for me. I scheduled myself an overnight on new years in Nashville, and my plane was scheduled to land at 11:35pm on new years eve. We got slowed down slightly and ended up 10 minutes late. I came barrelling out of the airport at 12:03am amidst my passengers mumbling to themselves "well, he's got a party to attend."
I'm on vacation. I'm offically off for a really long time.
Ok so my vacation actually doesn't start until January 8th (Elvis' Birthday), and I was supposed to work today. But I really didn't feel like it and I kinda wanted to start this party a little early. So I woke up at 2:30am (actually I didn't even get to bed until 2 b/c my flight didnt land until midnight) and got on the computer to trade my trip to later in the month. (another perk of the job...flexibility) In doing so, I effectively increased my vacation to 2 weeks. (Though only 1 is paid).
This is my first ever paid vacation. And I know everyone is thinking "jeremy your life is a vacation." But seriously, working for an airline during the holidays is not always glamorous. I really almost became the evil flight attendant that most of us know and love. You deal with a lot, and sometimes all the small things eat away at you. Luckily I went to the back of the plane, took a long, deeeeep breath, told Wendi that I just wanted to stand here for a minute and stare at the wall..and then she offered me xanex..seriously she was ready to give it to me right there.
Anyways, I have big plans for my vacation, which includes a couple of days to unwind, then skiing in salt lake city with KENT!, and a visit to my old pals Stormy and Brooke in Orlando, which may include some Scuba diving. Not sure how blogging will fit into all of it..and to be honest I don't expect it to, but who knows. Maybe I'll surprise ya.
-JJ
PS: And I almost forgot, we had another celebrity sighting on our flight from Nashville to Phoenix: Brooks and Dunn! We had an idea that it was them the whole time, but we couldn't confirm it until they got off. It's better off that way, I don't like to bother people like that.

11 comments:

laura g said...

glad you made it, jj, even though it was 12:03. i hung out last night with some of the people from the party - people asked about ya! we played catchphrase and i even got to use you as clues about flying-related words.

Brown Sugar said...

good picture...very dramatic...i go now

laura g said...

i meet a guy every time i set foot on a plane, why can't i meet THEM?

The Juice said...

true. this is the 2nd celebrity sighting and i've yet to find a girl that will actually have a conversation with me. :)

Anonymous said...

Elvis birthday? I think someone else also has a birthday on January 8th... Could it be "the juice"?
Happy Birthday Jeremy
Uncle Don

Griswold said...

Happy Birthday brother! Just wanted to let you know I'm back blogging again. Hopefully, it'll be more interesting this go around! Hope things are going well in Chicago and I'm still looking forward to your next trip to LR. I now own 3 mountain bikes so there are plenty to ride.

The Juice said...

no way! well if those dadgum LR overnights weren't so hard to come by, i'd come more often. But i'll definitely be on the lookout.

The Future said...

25.

The Juice said...

true. true.

Anonymous said...

Don't know you ... just surfed in. Wondering what airline you work for ... and if you like it or would suggest it as a career? Where are you skiing in Utah? I just got back from The Canyons in Park City. Very Fab.

The Juice said...

hi anonymous, no i won't tell you what airline i work for..only the best. yes i do recommend it, if you can handle the lifestyle. I went to snowbird, much better than park city.or so i hear. i hear its way overpriced for lame slopes.