Sunday, January 29, 2006

WHOS COMIN WITH ME......????

April 2008 I want to take a trekking excursion in Peru up to Machu Picchu. I'm lookin for people to come with. I know a lot of you think I'm wishy washy on stuff like this, that I'll never do it..but I really want to. I'm giving myself plenty of time to raise money and assemble a crew together.

It's a 11 day trip inside the country of Peru, 3 nights tent camping and 7 in a hotel. For all the information go here.

Why April? It's less crowded, plane tickets to Peru are cheaper, and the greens ARE REALLY GREEN. thats not golfing greens. though i'm sure they could be.

Its expensive, I won' t lie. But you got a full year to save up money. That should be plenty. It'll run about 2,700 to 3,100, depending on how many people we get, and that doesn't include the flight to peru, which could be about 1,000 extra.

That includes everything from food, equipment, flights inside the country, and donkeys to carry our gear!!

So I want people who are seriously up for this. Theres hiking and white water rafting involved. Should be fun!!!

-JJ

13 comments:

kentbrantly said...

Wow! Sounds pretty awesome. You should contact Kyle Carter before he leaves for China (in 2 weeks). He's been to Machu Picchu before. He can give you the inside scoop. My girlfriend has been there, too. But there's no way I'm giving you her phone number :-)

The Juice said...

does that mean ur in or out?

Anonymous said...

why don't you use your airline discount for hotels and ID 90s on other airlines for your trip? It would be soooo much cheaper!!

The Juice said...

b/c hotels are included in the price and would be a pain in the butt...but the ID-90 is an option for me, but not for everyone. and i don't want to run the risk of getting seperated when I don't make it on a flight. :)

Brown Sugar said...

of freakin course i want to go..i've always wanted to go....i even did a research presentation on machu picchu in art history...but dang....i really shouldn't spend no 4000 bucks.....i can save up that much, but i have other things to save for...hmmm...maybe my dad can fly me...but the cost of gas would be bad...well...since quantum transportation is haveing good results, maybe by the time of the trip, they can transport me from here to there successfully..who needs hotels...can we stay in tents every night...that'll save money...

Brown Sugar said...

sorry..that would be quantum teleportation...not transportation

K-Rock said...

Of course I want to come...but I'm a freaking youth minister ok! I mean, if I saved every penny I earn (and spend nothing, not food, not gas, not food, yeah, food is important to me!) for a whole year I'd still be $1700 short. Yeah, youth ministry salary sucks haha! Don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome, and I want to go. So, I will be looking for sponsors. If Tiger can get Nike, I could get...ummm...ok let's not dwell on it too much, but I will find someone to sponsor me! WOOHOO!!!

Brown Sugar said...

our new meth lab will sponser you....while you are there, you can collect new forms of drugs too...meth can only take us so far you know

The Juice said...

kevin! you don't pay rent!!!

just sell all of your memorabilia. ull be fine

Jacque said...

oh my gosh, that sounds awesome. Considering that it's 2 years away, no promises. But wow. that would be an awesome trip.

K-Rock said...

I can't get rid of my memorabelia...it's a stupid addiction!!! Thanks for the sponsorship Adam!

Nytro said...

my uncle and sister are heading to peru and machu piccu in april... maybe they'll see you!

laura g said...

jj - when you called and said, "i'm moving to new york," i believed you. when you called and said, "i'm gonna be a flight attendant," i believed you. so sure, i believe you about peru. i was waivering about the trip until you mentioned we'd have donkeys to carry our gear. that sold me. i'm in.