Sunday, April 30, 2006

Home sweet home

Took this from my stairwell

I'm not really in the mood for blogging...I'm kind of axious waiting for Ben to get home so I can pick up the rest of my stuff (WHERE IS HE???) but I thought I should let you know how I'm doing.

I officially moved in yesterday. It's been quite a change living by myself...times when theres nothing to do..and noone to talk to. It's tough sometimes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Maybe most of it is that I have no TV, no internet, and no couch. It'll feel like home soon. Ok, I do have a "couch" now..I bought a futon..i know i know, but I just couldn't afford a $500 couch. I have too much other stuff to buy. And it is a nice futon.

But I've already met some outstanding people. Friday night Ben invited me over to have dinner with his girlfriend and a couple other friends...one being a guy who worked as the campus minster at Denver U. or U of Denver. Whatever. He got my number, invited me rock climbing, and invited me to church at Lakewood COC.

I went to church this morning, went to class, sat with the guys at church..and funny story..I actually served communion. It was a last second thing, and he asked all the guys around me to help out, then asked me, and stopped and said.."wait..I shouldn't be asking you.." but I told him I'd help out anyways, and I did.

While I was serving, Tara McCain, sis of Cody McCain, and friend from ACU, spotted me and was like "is that Jeremy???...it can't be..I've never seen him here before.." so she talked to me during the "say hello" session..which I usually don't like. And she doesn't live far from me.

Also, on saturday night, I had dinner with other ACU friends, Nate and Patty, who apparently live right down the street from me. Which shall be nice.

But I'm actually slightly nervous at the moment, because I have to go to work tomorrow, and I still don't have a place to stay in chicago. I have called this lady who owns a crashpad, and is opening it on the 1st of may, exactly when I need it. She left me a message once, saying she had room for me..but I can't get ahold of her. And I need a place to stay tomorrow night!! I don't know what I'm going to do..I'm sure it'll work out.

The apartment is nice, the only real problem is that it is right next to the train tracks..I mean like right next to..but it rarely comes by and it isn't that big of a deal.

So anyways, there ya go. Whenever I get internet at the house, I'll be more creative blogging.

-JJ

2 comments:

The Future said...

Is that overlooking storage units? Is Ben's place your storage unit?

The Juice said...

no, but that would be cool.

Those are garages.