Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's Game Time!!!

This is my new tent I got today. I set it up in my house to make sure I could figure it out, and it was a BREEZE. PLUS, I just got this Mountain Hardware sleeping bag, and I think I choose it over my full-size bed. They've come a long way since I last slept in a sleeping bag.

Ok so not really. I still have to work tomorrow, I get back on sunday at 2pm, then I'm hoping to be gone on monday. I've got a lot of stuff to do, but I think I'll be able to pull it off.
Diedra did it to me again. After I got off work today, I had to fight traffic all the way to the north suburbs to pick up my tent. Then I had to come all the way back, pick up my sleeping bag, go to the grocery, grab a frozen pizza for dinner, then I headed home. As soon as I walked in, I started up the oven to cook my pizza, then started taking the trash out. The oven beeped, sounding that my pizza was finished, and thats when I realized that Deidra had cleaned us out. Everything we had was hers, including pans, dishes, forks, everything. I had absolutely nothing to even put my pizza on to slice it, much less a plate to eat off of.
Reluctantly, I grabbed this piece of plastic I had, that I'm assuming was dirty, and slapped my pizza on it. THERE WAS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE TO PUT MY FOOD ON!!! I grabbed my pocket knife, sliced it up, and ate it. Luckily, its pizza and I don't need a plate.
Anyways, thats it for now. Gotta do it all over again tomorrow. Cya
-JJ

6 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

so what was this piece of plastic?

The Juice said...

im not sure..it came with my plastic wardrobe from target. But i used it to put my computer on. Its stiff like cardboard..maybe a little stiffer..if it were brown it would look just like cardboard..but who knows what it is.

kenny said...

Hey, congrats on the tent! What brand/model is it?? Sounds like you're already camping in your apartment... cutting your food with your pocket knife and all...

The Juice said...

it's an REI half dome (http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47943133&parent_category_rn=4500457&vcat=REI_SEARCH). it seems to be a pretty popular model and people seem to like it, and it was affordable.

Griswold said...

Sweet tent! It's the same one I've been using for the last year. It's a good one.

K-Rock said...

Very nice tent...wish I could go with you on the trek, but it'll be fun by yourself, one with nature. I'm excited for you to make this move, I know it's gonna be a good one. God's gonna take care of you!