Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Saturday night I went to the KOA with a decision to make. It was supposed to snow, and for $10 more I could get a cabin instead of having to stay in my tent...

I chose the cabin, and good thing I did. I woke up sunday morning to 4 inches of snow on my car. And it was still snowing. this slightly concerned me, as I was going to go to Yellowstone that day, and I had no idea what the roads were like on the way.

At church that morning, I went to the college class and asked some of the guys there. Apparently It's a small winding road through the mountains, and they told me that there had been tons of accidents and 3 deaths up there the day before....

Well that pretty much made up my mind. Yellowstone would have to wait.

So where should I go now?? I couldn't go north...west was just as bad as south...so back to Billings it would have to be. I didn't want to wait around for 3 days until it stopped snowing then take my chances in Yellowstone, which would surely be covered in snow.

So I decided that when its time, its time. So I made a push for Denver. Surprisingly, it wasn't as far as I thought. I left Bozeman around 11:30 and I made it to Fort Collins, Co at 8pm. I stayed with some old friends of mine Sarah and Lindell, who were gracious enough to lend me they're couch and an apple. The next morning I headed to the Denver airport, got my airport employee parking pass, and hopped a flight to Dallas.

I had a week w/o anyplace to stay, and I knew I could always go there.

So my trip didn't work out like I wanted, but those things happen. I had a blast anyways, and I regret nothing.

But Yellowstone has become my "Elenor." She will be mine. Oh yes.

-JJ

4 comments:

JonGrubbs said...

So when are you going to come see me and we can conquer my own personal Eleanor, Yosemite? Been here three years almost and I still haven't made it up there...

The Juice said...

hmmm..that sounds awesome. but heres the thing...I'm limiting myself to 1 personal trip/month. I need to be somewhat grounded in Denver. Sooo...lets do a fall trip..september maybe??

The Future said...

I can go in September.

The Future said...

Actually, if you could make it later, Melissa could go interview at the hospital in Modesto an hour away.