Thursday, July 20, 2006

Crocs are a Croc


Ahhhh, fads at its best.

Crocs. What the heck are they? I have an idea. Ugly. Stupid.

Some rich "genius" up on a 50 floor office building is looking down on all the "suckers" down there and laughing his head off. For real. This whole thing is right up there with the pet rock.

Don't even start with me. I know the arguments. Or, check that, THE argument, since there is only one. That they are comfortable. Fine. I understand that. But honestly, if we wore the most comfortable things in our day to day lives, we'd all look like this.

If only we were so lucky.

I'm all about function over form. But there is a line. Otherwise you'd see me driving around a Subaru Baja.

IN FACT, those who DO wear crocs don't look much better than this. I'm just shocked that in the "fashion" age that we live in, where looks are always OH SO important, and this is the best we've come up with.

Oh, and wait, you claim that they are so comfortable, but I'm finding it hard to believe that we've got nothing better. Nike just came out with a shoe that simulates you walking completely on air. Air!!! At least they are improving on a GOOD idea.

You're wearing crocodiles on your feet for cryin' out loud!!! Don't you all get it???? You've been duped!!! Would you wear these around??

But, I guess in the end thats what makes fads great. That in the years afterward you can look back at all those pictures of yourself with your mulletts, Jams, Puffy shirts and crocs and realize what an idiot you were.

-JJ

6 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Hahahahaha! As an avid shoe-lover, I must say that I agree with everything you say about those stupid, stupid Crocs. Thank you for this post.

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

Agreed. Ugly as hell I must say, as were many of my fashion statements of the 80's.

Jeri

kelly said...

the look like they would carry a lot of feet bacteria. i hate shoes like that. bleh!

Shea said...

ummm, were'nt these originally made for nurses (people on their feet for long periods of time)... so what next? Scrubs???

Kara Sheets said...

when you say "Puff Shirts" do you mean puff-paint shirts? because those were awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am probably the last person to buy Ballet crocs but they are amazing so I got the Crocs Thong which is nice and airy. My friend also got them after reading a crocs review which says they are great for high arch people and are therapeutic shoes. I now keep several pairs with me. My favorite is the ballet crocs prima slip. The prima is the newest shoe to come out and has new engineering. Awesome design.