Friday, August 11, 2006

Baseball Mania

Ayayay...whats been going on...well work and baseball, thats pretty much it.

Whenever I have a random day off, I always check out the baseball schedule to see if there is a possibility of making a quick day trip to see a game. Last time was memorial day to see the Cleveland Indians, and this time it went to Kauffman stadium in Kansas City to see the Royals.

I convinced my friend Laura to come with, which was actually pretty tough considering the temperature was somewhere around 99-110. Or it felt like that. And Laura isn't die-hard like I am.

Luckily I've got a flight attendant friend in Kansas City named Sarah that I could stay with,, drive us around, and do my laundry.

And for the second game in a row, I got in free.

Apparently the Royals give out free tickets to military personell and 3 friends...and Sarah's husband Justin is in the Navy. And since this was the Royals we were talking about, a game that no one goes to, we could pretty much sit wherever we felt like.


This past week Laura invited me down to Houston to spend the week with her and her roommate. One of the stipulations of my visit was that we would go to an Astros game. You know I can's pass that up. Plus the fact that Clemens was pitching, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I ended up hanging out with my old pal JB that day, then we hit the game that night, which the Astros ended up winning.

So I'm currently up to 17/30 stadiums. Heres the running count of baseball stadium's I HAVE NOT been to:

Seattle
Oakland
San Francisco
LA Dodgers
LA Angels
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Detroit Tigers
Florida
St Louis (New Stadium)
Cincinatti
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh

1 comment:

JonGrubbs said...

I'll take you to the Dodgers and Angels baby!