Thursday, August 03, 2006

Famous, yet elusive

Does anyone else just want to disappear for a while?? Like no contact with friends, just kind of escape for a while? Sometimes I do feel that way, that maybe I'll go camping for a while, or just go home, or maybe go see some friends I havn't seen in a long time, but remain "gone" from everyone else???

My friend Lacie recently posted on her blog and sometimes she feels this way and she turns her cellphone off and puts it in the fridge, as if it was "dead" in a coffin. I found this pretty amusing.

I feel this way from time to time. Just a couple of weeks ago, I visited my friends in Dallas, and I called my friend's girlfriend (now fiance) because I've wanted to meet her and "approve" of her, but she was unable to attend dinner, so I never did meet her. She wrote an email to the rest of the crew, mentioning that I was "famous, yet elusive."

And I'll admit, I liked that title. I had some sort of mystique.

For some reason I feel like if I'm around too much, people get tired of me. So I just want to disappear. Just for a little while.

But I usually get over this sensation in about 24 hrs.

I've pondered a question for a couple weeks, and I'm curious to see what everyone else's answer would be.

If there was one thing in life that you could just not have to do EVER again, what would it be?

-JJ

12 comments:

Brown Sugar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brown Sugar said...

if I didn't HAVE to work ever again, that would be great...like if i won the lottery...i would do so much better and more important stuff but I wouldn't HAVE to work for money. That would be awesome....like I say "Money is not the most important thing in the world, but if I had more of it, I'd be a better person."

no....seriously

Katie said...

dust my house.

I hate to dust, and if I could never do it again, I'd be the happiest girl on the block!

jhart said...

I would love to never wash dishes or vaccuum again. It's too much trouble to wind the cord back up! And you should call next time you're in Dallas, Jonathan and I could drive up and see you. Plus, when we're back in CO for the holidays, we really want to come see you.

Heather said...

I think Coldplay said that very same thing. "Everyone's tired of us so we're going to quit for awhile." When actually, people still like Coldplay and this will only make people like them more popular.

I don't usually comment on your blog but I read it. It's funny, especially the one about the vomit.

laura g said...

there are definitely times when i want to disappear. we are too reachable these days... even when i dont answer my cell phone, dont check email, etc, people still EXPECT to be able to get in touch with me and gripe about it later. gimmie a freakin' break! i'll come back when i am ready. and don't ask me where i was or what i was doing when you tried to reach me. if i had wanted you to know, i would have invited you along.

and... i would love to never have to speak in front of a crowd again.

The Juice said...

ah, I was wondering who would take the easy way out and say "work." but whatever. I say shave. I hate shaving. though if i didn't have to work ever again, I might not shave either....but I still say shave.

Brown Sugar said...

yeah yeah...work is the easy way out...sort of like the "Jesus" and "God" answers in Bible Class.....true but obvious...or something....anyway...if i were to give a less obvious answer, it would be never have to watch my speed....or never have to write with my hands. I have trouble with that anyway...in a world of typing papers, writing emails, sending instant messages, i've gotten worse at my already naturally chicken-scratch handwriting...it's real bad.

Shea said...

Good Question JJ. I've been pondering what I would never want to do again.

The first thing that comes to my mind is never receiving news again that one of my family members has Cancer or Diabetes.

I've been really down about it lately as one of my aunt's is in her final stages of cancer. It's just not fair. And neither is being born with diabetes and having to constantly moniter yourself and take shots for everything single thing you eat.

I hope I live long enough to see a cure for one or both.

LoriLoo310 said...

If I could never pay bills again, that would make me happy. I hate paying bills. Especially student loans.

hr said...

Laundry is mine. And thanks for the comments! Congrats have duly been passed along to the "other" J.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerm!
In reponse to your famous but elusive, I have a little story to tell you. at our small groups last sunday night, Cherie Holland came up to me and said " I met your son!" I was a little confused so she explained. she said, " I saw Jeremy in cafe' cafe' and even though I had never met him, I knew who he was from his blog. I felt like I was meeting a celebrity!" So there you have it. My son, the elusive celebrity. we're so proud! no, really. love ya Mom