Thursday, January 18, 2007

YOUR not special

Yesterday I attempted to ride a rail at beaver creek and upon taking the ramp up to it, I took a nasty fall, straight onto ice, and directly onto that useless bone we refer to as the tailbone. Unfortunately, although useless, its very painful. I never made it onto the rail.

Crazy things are going on, most particuarly with the weather. Dallas is icing, theres no snow in the northeast, its snowing in las vegas, and thats just in the US. Not that this is really the first time, why I can remember the days in Abilene when the weather was so NUTS that it'd be 60 one day and 20 the next! whoa! and the time in denver when i was in short sleeves one day, and after a 50 degree plunge, it was a blizzard the next ...

wait...

seems to be happening everywhere.

Even my days back in New Orleans we SWORE that we had the wierdest weather in the US. Noone could touch us. Then funny thing, same thing happened in Abilene..

so after extensive travels over this country, I'm here to tell everyone that YOUR NOT SPECIAL. At least your town is not, and at least in terms of weather. All that mess happens everywhere in the form of long blue or red lines that run north to south on the weather map during the 10 o'clock news. It's called a cold front and a warm front, respectively.

And it doesn't stop with weather. For some dumb reason we all take pride in living in the cities with "the highest crime" or "the worst drivers" or "the highest drug abuse."

Not that I blame you, we all wanna be bad at something, right?

and apparently I need more guy friends...anyone??

-JJ

7 comments:

kentbrantly said...

more guy friends. amen, brother. too much estrogen will drive a guy crazy.

Brown Sugar said...

what?..i'm not enough testosterone to cover anyones need for guy friends?

The Juice said...

although tim inwood is now my roommate (4 days a week, at least) so that should help a lot. and i need to call ben jones..

adam i see you once every two months, at best. :) but when i come to visit, its like an IV of testosterone!

JonGrubbs said...

Sorry, bro, I can't help you. I have become a complete and total woman. I think I need to shave my armpits...

Shea said...

P.S. It's YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL not your not special... thank you. That is all.

Brown Sugar said...

maybe not shea....."not special" could be a noun referring to himself. he knows that everyone has a "not special" in their lives and he is that person......in that case jeremy, you need to not doubt yourself so much. you are very special to me....and possibly others.

Houston said...

sorry about your boys last night. I went to bed (in England) when the score was 16-14 and I thought it might be a ball game. Still heck of a season and this comes from a fan of your arch rival, the falcons. hope you butt heals.