Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Officially Re-located

I'm finally moved in. An edge of my mattress is now in tatters since I had to do it all by myself, but other than that it was pretty uneventful.

There was a slight awkward moment when my new roommate, Jesse, walked in, because what do you say? ..."hi..new roommate." But we're both very happy and talkative people so that lasted all of 3 seconds.

Apparently I misunderstood her when she told me what she did. Shes not a ballet teacher, shes a belly dance teacher. Now THAT i found amusing. Its not her actual job, she works at a non-profit mental health facility as a psychologist by day.

Anyways, I'm REALLY excited about my new place. I've taken a bike ride the past two days around town, and its phenomenal. EVERYONE spends the day riding around. And they are ACTUAL bikers, with 2,500 dollar bikes, jerseys, and everything. It's like the entire tour-de-france lives here. With a population of around 18,000, golden supports 3 local bike shops.

yesterday I met deanna at the park down the road (we both walked there in less than 5 minutes) and had a little game of catch, and watched people leaping off of lookout mountain and para-gliding.

Here are some pictures of the new place:

My pretty...uneventful room

Living Room

Ok check this out. Heres the outide of the house...


And there is Coors Brewing corporate headquarters.


Yesterday I decided to ride my bike on the trail that winds down along the river and around town. It runs right next to the house.

This park is literally steps away from my back door, with the trail that winds around town and along the river.

The river that runs through town that everyone kayaks down.


Drake parked behind the house

Needless to say, I am way excited to be able to live here. Everything just screams "don't drive your car!" As I rode along the river, there were local high school truants jumping off the rocks into the river, with kayaks rolling along nearby. Theres even a kayak course in the river. But everyone is just so outdoorsy. Everyone is out walking their dogs and tugging their kids along behind their bikes. I saw a guy today with a kayak AND a bike mounted on top of his car.

I think I wanna go home.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

welcome to golden! yea! it seriously is an amazing town. i LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So Jeremy, is this the back yard where Mom and I will eventually move our mobile home?
It looks nice.
Dad

Brown Sugar said...

i love it jeremy....everything there seems so...calm. i need a vacation.

Brown Sugar said...

why do i feel like my comments always end comments

The Juice said...

yeah no kidding. i guess no one can top it. we all feel inferior to your comments.

laura g said...

well forget coming to see me - i'm coming to see YOU! what an awesome city.

love the house! hi drake. i'd like to point out that you are still using the same comforter you had on your bed in college. tell me you've washed it once or twice since then.