Monday, July 02, 2007

Props to a 7 Year Old

The other evening we had one last flight from Denver to Chicago. I'm always in the best of moods on the last flight of a 3 day trip, and the last flight since working 6 straight is even better.

We had about 3 softball teams come on board, and I immediately started chatting up some coaches, parents, and the star slugger.

During the flight, 3 of the girls stopped me and said "Did it hurt?"

I knew exactly where this was going.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

She actually never finished the classic pick-up line becuase she started laughing. So I told her that I would come back and then see if she could do it without laughing.

So this went on the entire flight. Occassionally I would stop to hear what pick-up line her and her 3 friends had come up with. (The best of the evening was "I think we should re-do the alphabet, because you and I should be together." )

Anyways, they were being typical teenage girls and being a bit loud and obnoxious. A lot of the surrounding passengers found it funny and even gave the girls some ideas on pick-up lines, but the 7 year old jackson, who sat 2 rows up, didn't find it funny.

He had proceeded to take a ritz chip which we had handed out to him, and ON THE CHIP scribbled a small note to the ladies, whom he DID NOT KNOW, and handed it to them. On the chip were 2 simple words:

"SHUT UP"

I couldn't help but laugh. I wanted to keep it for my own, but the girls wanted to put it in their scrapbook. I confronted jackson and he couldn't comment for his laughter.

I showed the commuting pilot the chip and he chimed in for one of his own.

"HA! THATS A CRACK-UP!"

-JJ

2 comments:

laura g said...

HA.

by the way, those are my favorite chip/cracker things ever and i love that sw distributes them.

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

That is funny. How nice of you to play along with those girls and keep going back to them so they could try their lines on you. You know they'll talk about that for weeks.

jeri