Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to work

So after a lengthy vacation I'm finally back to work. I just got done with a three day, which was wholly uneventful save for the guy who got mad because I was squishing his super expensive hat in the overhead bin.

Heres a hint: something you don't want squished? how 'bout not putting it up there! Like, put it on your head!

ok so anyways, now I'm back in Chicago trying to get an overnight in Denver for my next three day that starts tomorrow.

Why? well not just to go home, but for 3 reasons.

I would like to go home.

I just bought a new bike. this one is a road bike, a Specialized Allez 2006. got it off of craigslist for a highly discounted price (it was used!). I have yet to ride it. The girl who owned it had the pedals taken off, so i had to buy new ones, which should be at the house by now. I would like to ride my new bike. It really was kind of freaky, as the only issue I was concerned about was whether it would fit me properly, and when I showed up to look at it, sure enough the girl was exactly the same size as me. Crazy. She was a triathlete (you could tell) and had the bike sized to her 3 times.

second, I need my camera. While I was gone from home, I got a trip traded that will allow me to take a grand roadtrip with my girlfriend while she moves from Florida to...DENVER! Yeah i know, crazy, but really exciting. Maybe my life will turn out to be somewhat normal after all.....YEAH RIGHT! (i sounded very high schoolish right there).

So anyways I don't have my good camera on hand and the only way thats going to happen is if I get an overnight there....unfortunately theres only 36 minutes left until trading closes, so chances are looking slim. AFter this three day I'm flying immediately to Tampa, where Tami is picking me up and we are heading straight to her alma mater of the University of Florida and staying with a friend of hers. The big idea for the trip is an overnight stay in Dodge City, KS. Not sure why, just always wanted to go there. The more I talk about it, the more Tami gets excited about it too. I can't wait.

All for now!

-JJ

2 comments:

The Future said...

Um, dude? You bought a girl's bike? :D

Glad she's finally moving!! Hope yall have a good time.

The Juice said...

um dude, she could whip both our butts combined.

haha, na it doesn't matter, its for guys too. she said her boss' son used it for a triathalon and said it was great.