Thursday, July 10, 2008

Road Biking Denver

I don't like it when I'm trying to work on the plane and someone tail-gates me in the middle of the aisle. Give me a sec and I'll move! Just give me and my bum a little room, will ya!??

This past week I thought that I might finally get my new road bike out and take it for a real ride. So far its just been a couple jaunts around town. So I told Tami that I'd ride to her house, which normally is a 20-25 minute drive. I get there when I get there.

See theres a trail that I notice driving towards downtown Denver. I see people biking on it all the time. So I decided to see where it leads. Little did I know that not only does it connect to the loop trail in Golden, but I rode 95% of the way to Tami's apartment without having to get on a street. The Clear Creek trail literally runs 50 feet from my back door, intersects the South Platte River trail 20 miles or so downriver, then arrives at Tami's, Via a beautiful downtown trail, about 10 miles south. It was a spectacular ride, and come to find out these trails run all over the denver area. Simply spectacular.



Unfortunately I was pretty whooped, then realized I had to make the ride back the next day. 2 days later my legs still haven't recovered. Road biking is fun.

-Jeremy

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Masochist. :P