Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav!

Folks kept asking me about my parents and the hurricane. I didn't know what their plan was, as I spoke to my father a few days ago and he didn't mention a thing. So I gave him a ring.

Like I assumed, my mother is heading up to MS to stay with the relatives. My father, as expected, will be at work in the city. (For those of you who somehow don't know, my father is a photojournalist, so his job would be to record whatever insanity ensues.) As for my Coastie brother in NJ, he is being picked up by a C130, being flown to Jacksonville to wait out the storm and then perform search and rescue wherever needed. So, as my dad puts it, "I'm going to New Orleans and your brother is coming to rescue me."

As for me, I'll be hopping along in my little 737 like usual.

2 comments:

laura g said...

i'm sure ted will take a world-famous photo again. best wishes to all of them.

Anonymous said...

Hello Nephew,
Uncle Don here... As you may or may not know, I am a shelter manager for Red Cross. Here in McComb we opened a shelter last Saturday afternoon. I was responsible for about 50 evacuees till Wednesday morning. I had help from our church folks to feed these people and we try to take care of their needs. I had one lady that was diabetic, had lost here leg and a host of other problemsincluding being bed ridden. …It’s been a fun filled week.LOL Just thought I would let you know.
Uncle Don