Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lookout Mountain

This morning I woke up semi-early, racked my bike on my car, drove the 1.5 miles to the base of lookout mountain here in Golden, and proceeded to climb it all the way to the top. I've never done such a climb, and actually it was easier than I expected. I even passed a couple folks on the way up! (Never mind the 2 ladies who scorched me on the way up..AND on the way down. look you punks who are about to make fun of me, I have no doubt in my mind those ladies could take you down!) Speaking of down, that ride down was fantastic. Though I was a little frightened of having a blowout and flipping over the handlebars going 60.

Next I would love to do one of those awesome mountain passes!

In other news last night Tami and I went to the Rockies game. I splurged and got us seats way down low. I even taught her how to keep score during the game! I haven't seen a Rockies victory in person since April 2007. I figured with 14 game winner Aaron Cook on the mound, playing the league worst Nationals, this was as good a shot as ever. We lost 9-4.

View from our seats

And lastly I got new insoles for my work shoes. Here are my old ones when I pulled them out.

Yikes.

-JJ

3 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

yeah dude!

i went to a rangers game this past friday...it was cool...i was only 13 rows up a little left of home plate.

laura g said...

you can hang that insole right next to your retired black sweatshirt.

Thompson Family said...

Hey Jeremy.
It's been a while since I've seen you. What are you up to? Besides flying to super cool places and winning awards! Congrats. I just added you to my Blogroll so that I can keep up with you. I wanted to get your e-mail address as we are starting activities for "young adults" at Lakewood. We are calling our group Quarterlife and have a pretty good group. I hope you can come to some stuff. We're going to the Rockies game on Sunday, if you're interested. It's Faith Day and there is a free concert by Steven Curtis Chapman. Tickets are $10.50 and includes the concert. Let me know if you want to come. :)
Kristen