Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Impressed!

A few weeks ago I posted about our trip to Santa Fe. We brought our bikes on that trip, and on a few of the moderate climbs, I noticed that Tami dealt with them quite well.

After that trip, I thought that maybe she could handle the 5 miles uphill to lookout mountain. It's one of my favorite things to do here in town, and one of the most rewarding also. You get up there, impressed with what you just accomplished, and its literally all downhill from there. Like 50 mph downhill. Awesome.



So we did. After work Tami came over, we drove to the base of the mountain (the ride from my house to the base will ruin you) and up we went.

Let me tell you the girl DID NOT STOP. It was slow and steady, all the way up. I honestly, for her first time, did not expect her to make it all the way to the top. But she did. I was floored. Even better, everyone on that mountain had thousand dollar road bikes, pedal clips, the works, and Tami did it with her commuter hybrid bike and regular pedals. ha! I'm surprised she didn't wear a skirt.

Congrats Tamara!

Unfortunately I had promised her ice cream, and by the time we made it to the Golden Sweets shop it was closed. (Early, I might add, because of the Nuggets Lakers game. ha!)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

When did you take this picture?! Riding Lookout was awesome; I do want to do it again soon. Maybe I can go to Peak Cycles and tell them I want to test a Dolce and take that for a spin, haha! ;)